- COCON Roomserver
- COCON Roomconfigurator
- COCON MeetingManager
- Operator Application
- COCON Interpreter
- COCON Signage
- COCON Audio
- COCON Video
- COCON Nameplate
- Manuals , guides & datasheets
- Central equipment
- Confidea G3 - Wireless
Getting started with the operator application
When you go to the File menu of the Operator application you can open a new meeting, but you also see which meeting is active, which room you are using, as well as the active Audio, Interpreter and Video configurations. You can find this information in the gray bar on top of the window.
Figure 1-27 The File menu gives you an overview active meetings and active audio, video and interpreter configurations
On the left side, you can access the typical functions available in most of the CoCon desktop applications. They include:
- Open: the default tab which allows you to open prepared or new meetings.
- Meeting status: here you can see an overview of the current room status and meeting status. An additional button is available to save the running meeting as a Meeting Template. For more information on meeting templates see "Introduction to CoCon Meeting Manager" on page 1.
- Tools: this page give provides links to the other applications of the CoCon software suite. Click the icons to start the application.
- Settings: on this page you can change can configure some of the content that is visible in the application. For example you can change the interface language hide some of the functionality in the ribbon.
Edit user profiles
In the Operator Application you can configure the user profile. This allows you to only display the functions that are relevant for your setup. You can find these settings under File > Settings > User Profile
Figure 1-28 The general settings of the Operator Application
With the user profile you can select which functions are available in the Operator application. Under User profile file you can find different functions proceeded by a checkbox. Check the box to show functionality; uncheck the box to hide the functionality in the application.
If you check only one or two of these boxes the Operator Application becomes fully focused on these actions. Leaving all boxes checked gives the operator full control over all available functions. If you uncheck all boxes you are only able to start and stop the meeting, and manage microphones.
The check boxes contain the following information:
- Microphone & audio management: This hides/shows all microphone control buttons in the ribbon. The sections Conference settings and microphone control are no longer available in the ribbon.
- Agenda management: This hides/shows the Agenda tab and the corresponding functions in the ribbon for editing the agenda.
- Voting management: This hides/shows the voting buttons in the Home ribbon
- Instant voting: Can only be activated when Voting management is active. This adds the Instant vote button in the Home ribbon and in the Voting ribbon.
- Delegate management: This hides/shows the Delegate list tab and the corresponding Delegate functions in the ribbon which contains the Authority overview.
- Speech time management: Can only be activated when the Delegate management is active. This adds the Timer tab when you select the Delegate list tab. This way the user has more control over the speech timers.
- Statistics management: This hides/shows the Statistics tab and the corresponding functions in the ribbon.
The following options are available when the CoCon Room Server is connected to a Plixus Multimedia Engine:
- Screen control: This hides/shows the tab where the operator can control the delegates’ screens.
- Message management: This hides / shows the tab where the operator can control the messages sent to participants.
- Document management: This hides / shows the tab where the operator can see and control all documents uploaded to the meeting.
- Service management: This determines whether this Operator Application will show the services that are being requested by the delegates using the interactive delegate units. It will also determine whether the operator can control the status of the requests.
Close the Operator Application
When you close the Operator Application while a meeting is running, CoCon asks if you want to finish the current meeting. If you stop the current meeting, CoCon archives the meeting and you are not able to start it again. If you exit the Operator Application without finishing the meeting, this means that another Operator Application can take over the current meeting session.