- COCON Roomserver
- COCON Roomconfigurator
- COCON MeetingManager
- Operator Application
- COCON Interpreter
- COCON Signage
- COCON Audio
- COCON Video
- COCON Nameplate
- Manuals , guides & datasheets
- Central equipment
- Confidea G3 - Wireless
Install nameplate in Plixus network
However, there is a possibility to combine the nameplate with multimedia units, such as the uniCOS units, on the same branch. To connect the units, you can use the USB connection available on both units.
Figure 1-32 How to integrate the nameplate in the Plixus network
There are two different ways of using the nameplate. First, it is possible to associate the nameplate with a delegate unit on the same seat. However, you can also use the nameplate in standalone mode. In this case the nameplate works independently of the delegate unit.
Use Nameplate and delegate unit on the same seat
Associate a nameplate with a delegate unit on the same seat. The benefit of this setup is that the nameplate is synced with your unit. This means that when a delegate microphone is active, the LED of the nameplate will also become active. In this case you can use the nameplate together with an RFID card. When the delegate inserts his card into the unit, the nameplate can show the name of the delegate on that seat.
Use Nameplate in standalone mode
If you just want to use the nameplate to display delegate information independently of the conferencing system, you can use it in standalone mode. In this mode you can use the Nameplate Manager alone to configure the layout of the nameplate and display the content on the nameplate devices inside the room.
When you want to use the nameplate in standalone mode you will have to perform the following steps in the Nameplate Manager (for every step you can find the link to the description of the procedure):
- Initialize units using CoCon Core or the Plixus Core web server ("Initialize nameplates" on page 1).
- Create a layout ("Add nameplate layout" on page 1.
- Create a meeting ("Create meeting" on page 1).
- Add delegates to the meeting ("Add delegates to meeting" on page 1).
- Assign delegates to seats ("Manage delegates and seats" on page 1).
- Prepare meeting and publish the nameplate content ("Publish Nameplate content" on page 1).